unixODBC - php - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Harvey
Subject unixODBC - php
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
The original message was received at Sun, 6 Jun 1999 09:43:14 -0400 (EDT)
from IDENT:pharvey@209-20-7-180.dialin.interlog.com [209.20.7.180]

<postgresql-interfaces@postgresql.org>

... while talking to postgresql.org.:
<<< 550 <postgresql-interfaces@postgresql.org>... User unknown
550 <postgresql-interfaces@postgresql.org>... User unknown

> Now, if I can only get it working with php-3.0.8 :) That would be even
> nicer..
> compiling php-3.0.8 with the iodbc support and linking in the odbc lib that
> comes with unixodbc
> gives me this result on odbc_connect..  Doesn't happen when I use iodbc,
> most likely a problem with php-3.0.8..

George,

Ok. I am not familiar with php stuff so you will have to help me out.

The unixODBC DM and iODBC are not, yet, 100% compatible. The principle concern
here may be different data type declares in the header files (I am not sure
this is the problem). However; it seems that there may be some iODBC specific
stuff in php. I suggest tracking down the iODBC specific stuff (probably just
a  few lines) and seeing if it uses i*.h includes (isqlext.h etc). If so, then
you may have to put in an option to compile for UNIXODBC and set the includes
(and whatever code changes there may be) for unixODBC.

I found, with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver that I almost could use the WIN32...
except for the login dialog code (and a few other UNIX include specifics)....
because unixODBC is very compatible with Windows (ie uses standard ODBC include
files and supports calls such as SQLGetPrivateProfileString()).

Please advise if you feel that unixODBC needs to change in some way to get php
working.

Peter Harvey

Attachment