Re: Freezing docs for v6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Freezing docs for v6.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Sorry.  Install is done.  release notes just need to be finalized with
> all listed changes.  When should we say no more?  Things are still
> happening in the fix area, I think.

OK, I'm freezing install.sgml and release.sgml. Feel free to make
changes to release.sgml, and *if* you limit the changes to one or a
few one-liners I can update the hardcopy at the last minute. But we
should document release info up to the last minute rather than leaving
something out because docs were supposed to be frozen.

> The man pages and sgml/ref stuff is the hard part.  I am not sure what
> they all do, and was discouraged to see the 'set' manual page doesn't
> have lots of stuff that should be in there, and are in the sgml version.
> The psql \h stuff also needs work.  I am pretty busy with other stuff
> for the next two days.  That is the problem.

No problem. afaik the sgml sources are almost done, with a couple of
patches coming from Vadim sometime soon. imho the original man pages
are doing pretty well, and we aren't promising that they are as
complete or voluminous as the html docs.

The "set" man page is probably the most out of date since there were
several new commands added recently. So if you have a chance to update
that one things are likely to be good enough.
                          - Thomas

South Pasadena, California