libpq.dll for 6.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Walt Bigelow
Subject libpq.dll for 6.4.2
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I'm having a problem with libpq.dll that I hope some windows guru out there
might be able to help me with!  I am trying to use this dll within Visual Basic
6.  I am able to define the function properly, but every time I try to use the
functions (any of them -- but PQstatus for example) VB keeps spitting out error
49 -- bad DLL calling convention.

I have looked through the documentation and I have spoken with a VB guy, and it
looks to me like the DLL was built in a way that is not compatible with VB
calling conventions -- i.e. __stdcall (the /Gd switch?).  I have VC++ 4.0, and I
cannot get it to rebuild the dll.  Most of that though is due to my limited
knowledge of windows programming.  This would be no problem if this were another
UNIX box :-)

I want to access the database directly because I want to get away from DAO and
ODBC.

I found the win32.mak files and I tried to run nmake on it, but still no luck.
I even tried importing all the files into the silly gui development
environment.  Still no luck.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Walt Bigelow
Engineer
Varitel Modern VideoFilm
walt@stimpy.com

P.S.  I'm not on this list, so if you cc me that would be great!