Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim Mikheev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
Date
Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> > > I get above message from the backend while trying to update same raw
> > > from different transactions (I guess). Is this normal?
>
> My sessions look like:
>
> begin;
> update t set a = 1 where c = 1;
> select * from t where c = 1;
> end;

Ops. Do you have indices over table t?
Btree-s are still using page-level locking and don't release
locks when leave index page to fetch row from relation.
Seems that this causes deadlocks more often than I thought -:(

Marc? I can fix this today and I'll be very careful...
Ok?

Vadim