Re: The missing pg_get_*def functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The missing pg_get_*def functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If all you want is SQL language functions, there is nothing to stop you
> from writing them and publishing them today as an extension.

It's worth noting also that we actually *have* infrastructure for
updating extensions without initdb; unlike the initial contents of
pg_proc.  So this approach is more attractive than it might seem
on its face, assuming you are going to do this as SQL functions.
(I share the doubts expressed elsewhere as to how feasible that
actually is.)