More on this /tmp/s.PGSQL.5423 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas Nichols
Subject More on this /tmp/s.PGSQL.5423 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
This error is almost like mine:
FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: errno=13
        Is another postmaster already running on that port?
        If not, remove socket node
(/tmp/.s.PGSQL.<portnr>)and retry.
/usr/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port
postmaster []

But I absolutely do not have any .s.* any file in my /tmp
directory. So there must be someother reason that this error
comes up postgres....

Thanks for your time.

dn

Re: [GENERAL] Postmaster Won't Start