Re: [GENERAL] How to express categorized items in relational tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: [GENERAL] How to express categorized items in relational tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Doo Suk Yang wrote:

> I'm novice in database world.
> Now I have to make design a database where categorized items should be
> stored. It resembles the structure something like seen in Yahoo.
>
> Thanks for reading and generous comments of yours.

I do it something like this..
create table category (title text, category oid);
so that categories have parent categories. If the category attribute is
null then it's a parent category. For urllinks (like in yahoo) I have
create table urllink (title text, url text, category oid);