Re: can we mark upper/lower/textlike functions leakproof? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: can we mark upper/lower/textlike functions leakproof?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On 8/1/24 07:17, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>> But what do you tell the users who would not accept that risk?

> Document that the option should not be used if that is the case

Are you proposing that we invent two levels of leakproofness
with different guarantees?  That seems like a mess, not least
because there are going to be varying opinions about where we
should set the bar for the lower level.