Re: [HACKERS] It would be nice if this could be fixed... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: [HACKERS] It would be nice if this could be fixed...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Chris, any chance you can send a small reproducable test case for this,
> with INSERT's and CREATE table.  Thanks.

Sure. Here it is....

httpd=> create table aaa(a text);
CREATE
httpd=> create table bbb(b text);
CREATE
httpd=> select coalesce(a,b) from aaa,bbb;
case
----
(0 rows)

httpd=> insert into aaa values('aaa');
INSERT 84818 1
httpd=> insert into bbb values('bbb');
INSERT 84819 1
httpd=> select coalesce(a,b) from aaa,bbb;
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
  before or while processing the request.

We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.