Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> Question: what is the relevance of the binary protocol, are you trying
> to send/fetch binary data via the command interface?

My understanding of the original post is that DBD::Pg is sitting atop
libpq and wants to keep doing so.  So they're going to need some
improvements to libpq to get at Parse-into-a-named-statement and
Describe Statement.  This is one of the things that didn't get done in
the 7.4 cycle, and no one seems to have got round to it later either.
But it's clearly a deficiency of libpq.