Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] inet data type regression test fails
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Can someone comment on this one?  Is it fixed?
> > The inet regression test has been failed on my LinuxPPC.
> > My guess is shifting over 32bit against a 32bit integer is
> > not permitted and the result is platform depedent.

Yes, it is fixed. You applied the patches :)

backend/utils/adt/network.c:
revision 1.6
date: 1999/02/24 03:17:05;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;  lines: +7
-2
Thank you for the advice.  I concluded that current inet code has a
portability problem. Included patches should be applied to both
current and 6.4 tree. I have tested on LinuxPPC, FreeBSD and Solaris
2.6. Now the inet regression tests on these platforms are all happy.
                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California