Re: [GENERAL] virtual fields ( proxy execution ?? ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: [GENERAL] virtual fields ( proxy execution ?? )
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm a bit vague on what you mean. Are you saying you want to be able to
say to postgres...

INSERT INTO message(to,subject,body) VALUES ('fred@foo.com', 'Hello',
'How\'s it going');

and instead of storing a message into postgres, it will send a mail
message to fred?

Then you want to say...
SELECT to, subject, body FROM messages;

And have a list of mail messages be returned, not from postgres tables,
but from your UNIX mailbox?

Just want to be clear on what you are asking.

--
Chris Bitmead
http://www.bigfoot.com/~chris.bitmead