Help a newbie? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rafael Kaufmann
Subject Help a newbie?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I'm a programmer in Brazil (i.e., kinda far away from the
technological mainstream) and I've been trying to learn more about the
PostgreSQL internals, maybe even help with its development. So I
downloaded the source tarball for the last release. Thing is, last time
I checked, there was minimal developer-oriented documentation, and all
those hundreds of barely-commented source files can be very intimidating
- specially when you're not looking for anything specific, but only
trying to figure out how the software /works/.

I understand that this is what I should expect since you are already
familiar with the source code, but you could use some fresh blood,
right? So I'd really appreciate it if anyone would point me in the
direction of some in-depth docos, detailed texts about the Postgres
architecture or anything else that would help me get started hacking.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rafael Kaufmann
<rnedal@olimpo.com.br>