Re: [INTERFACES] I am new to this - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] I am new to this
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Khristos I. Khoury" wrote:

> DSN info:
> DSN='PostgreSQL',server='user3.stritch.edu',port='5432',dbase='vb5',user='ikhoury',passwd='123qwe'
>
> readonly='0',protocol='6.4',showoid='0',fakeoidindex='0',showsystable='0'
>           conn_settings=''
>           translation_dll='',translation_option=''
>
> It says ReadOnly? On the other hand in Access it is Read-Write? Any clues?
> Thanks

Actually, readonly=0 means false, so it is NOT readonly.

If you can't update in Access, check to make sure you have a unique index on the table.  The Jet
Database Engine queries the table when you link it to make sure there is a unique index on it.  If it
is, then you should be able to update.    If the JET can't find a unique index, then it should pop up
a dialog which asks you to tell it what the unique field(s) are.

Did you see such a dialog?

Byron