Re: [GENERAL] Row Count? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Reinke
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Row Count?
Date
List pgsql-general
Try
   "select count(*) from row"

to get a count of the number of rows.

If trying to receive 10 rows, try

begin;
declare thomas cursor for select * from foo;
fetch 10 in thomas;
end;

Bruce Tong wrote:

> This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me, but my
> search of the documentation only turned up it's not a keyword in
> PostgreSQL...
>
> SELECT * FROM foo WHERE ROW_COUNT < 10;
>
> Is there anything like "ROW_COUNT" or "ROWCOUNT" in PostgreSQL?
>
> I've been looking through "The Practical SQL Handbook" as I know it is a
> significant influence on PostgreSQL, and I haven't found anything similar
> there either.
>
> Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
> Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
> Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
> zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century

Thomas Reinke                            Tel: (416) 460-7021
Director of Technology                   Fax: (416) 598-2319
E-Soft Inc.                         http://www.e-softinc.com