I'm planning some changes in lmgr... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim Mikheev
Subject I'm planning some changes in lmgr...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
but have no time to do them today and tomorrow -:(.

1. Add int waitMask to LOCK to speedup checking in LockResolveConflicts:  if lock requested conflicts with lock
requestedby any waiter   (and we haven't any lock on this object) -> sleep

2. Add int holdLock (or use prio) to PROC to let other know  what locks we hold on object (described by PROC->waitLock)
while we're waiting for lock of PROC->token type on  this object.

  I assume that holdLock & token will let us properly   and efficiently order waiters in LOCK->waitProcs queue  (if we
don'thold any lock on object -> go after   all waiters with holdLock > 0, etc etc etc).

Comments?

Vadim