Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David,

On 07/07/2018 09:52 PM, David Fetter wrote:
> Any deviation from that process requires an explanation, which has not
> thus far been proffered.

Takayuki-san is *offering* a patent grant. That's something the TPL
clearly doesn't cover.

If they would follow the standard procedure, as you seem to propose,
they'd have every right to sue not only users of derivatives, but even
Postgres users for violation of their patent.

You seem to have experience with different licences and dual licensing.
What would you recommend Takayuki-san to do?

Kind Regards

Markus

--
Markus Wanner - http://www.2ndQuadrant.com