RE: What could cause postmaster to be started many times? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Fitzmyers
Subject RE: What could cause postmaster to be started many times?
Date
List pgsql-general
Not sure, (I'm a newbie) but how long would the processes last? I am not
using persistant pg_pconnect (although I think php is configured to alow
them). The 8ish I saw today lasted at least a minute based on a login
scrip that only has 1 query on a table of 40 rows.

After testing with this in mind, I can see the postmaster backend
(thanks for the education!) appear and persist until the query (I guess)
finishes - which is awhile because the browser window is waiting for
something.

From your comment it seems the db is working perfectly. I will look more
into the php scripts, Thank you very much, Jeff

"Jeff Fitzmyers" <jeff.fitzmyers@managestar.com> writes:
> I ran into a situation where (without any known changes) a simple
login
> script would fail ("sorry buddy, session headers already sent") and
each
> time it seemed a new postmaster would be started.

Are you sure these are postmasters and not backends?

            regards, tom lane