Re: grant execute on many functions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: grant execute on many functions
Date
List pgsql-admin
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> That's even better -- I tried regproc, but forgot about regprocedure. I
> think the problem will be, though, that the output of the reg* datatypes
> is not castable to text, and therefore cannot be used to build a dynamic
> sql statement.

Um.  Sooner or later we ought to do something about the whole
automatic-casting-to-and-from-text issue.  Datatypes shouldn't have to
supply both I/O procedures and text cast procedures.

> But with the help of plpgsql:

Right, in the short term you can make it work inside a plpgsql function,
since plpgsql is pretty darn lax about casting.  But it'd be nice if it
worked more generally.

            regards, tom lane