Re: Postmaster self-deadlock due to PLT linkage resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postmaster self-deadlock due to PLT linkage resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-08-30 14:07:41 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Do we want to install this just for NetBSD, or more widely?
>> I think we'd better back-patch it for NetBSD, so I'm inclined
>> to be conservative about the change.

> It's likely a good idea to enable it everywhere applicable, but I agree that
> we shouldn't unnecessarily do so in the backbranches. So I'd be inclined to
> add it to the netbsd template for the backbranches.

> For HEAD I can see putting it into all the applicable templates, adding an
> AC_LINK_IFELSE() test, or just putting it into the meson stuff.

For the moment I'll stick it into the netbsd template.  I'm not on
board with having the meson stuff generating different executables
than the Makefiles do, so if someone wants to propose applying
this widely, they'll need to fix both.  Seems like that is a good
thing to consider after the meson patches land.  We don't need
unnecessary churn in that area before that.