Re: BUG #16932: Database Crash with : ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16932: Database Crash with : ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Randomly, we see this error in the logs:
> 2021-03-18 07:52:32 UTC-6052fa73.12638-ERROR:  cache lookup failed for type
> 0

> Our process is as follows ( pseudo code simplified ):
> begin trans;
> call a procedure that drops and re-creates a table.
> commit;

> begin trans
> loop 1000 rows
>    insert into table above....
> end loop;
> commit;

Hm.  Can you provide a self-contained test case?

It'd also be worth your time to update to latest 10.x, in case this is
an already-fixed bug.  A quick trawl of the commit logs didn't turn up
an obvious match, but I might have missed a relevant fix.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

            regards, tom lane