Auto incrementing Field - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Rex Byrns
Subject Auto incrementing Field
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I have been porting some scripts that were written for mySQL and there
is extensive use of an autoincrementing field.  I gather that I must
write a function to do this.  Anyone have an example or better method?

Another question I have is about the timespan data type.  I am in need
of a way to allow users to enter time worked on specific jobs in the
form of say 8 am thru 12:30 pm  (Date inclusion is ok).  I would like to
prevent overlapping time entries.  The term timespan sounds like it
might be useful for this .

thanks for any help you might give,

    Rex Byrns.