Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: expected just one rule action
Date
List pgsql-general
"Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Feb 11, 2008 4:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>>> If the endianess isn't corrected for the non-native platform at build
>>> time, I've seen initdb leave a cluster with a completely broken
>>> pg_rewrite (iirc).
>>
>> Hmm, but is pg_rewrite really the most obvious symptom?  In 8.3 I would
>> expect massive breakage all over, because of the varvarlena stuff's
>> sensitivity to endianness.

> It was what we found first upon investigating why my first attempts at
> building a universal binary failed.

Okay, then that definitely suggests that this is a theory for Dave L.
to pursue.  In a universal build you need to do ./configure twice to
generate two different pg_config.h files.  I imagine his "helpful
fellow" knew that already, if he'd been able to generate universal
binaries with Xcode 2.5, but maybe 3.0 is messing it up somehow.

            regards, tom lane