Re: [INTERFACES] i broke my int8 =( - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] i broke my int8 =(
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> ive got an intresting problem with then int8 in postgres its not
> actually working properly as it goes out of range with a value like
> 2147483648 !!!! oops i need it to go just a bit higher!!! i think the
> build naffed up the int8 is there any way of checking this ??? any
> settings i
> may have missed or need to configure ???

You need to enter the values with a single quote around the string.
Otherwise, the number is interpreted as an int4 (and rejected) before
it would be converted to an int8. The quotes keep it as a string until
the right time...

                     - Tom

South Pasadena, California