Re: transaction isolation level - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: transaction isolation level
Date
List pgsql-general
"josh hes." <jbhester@yahoo.com> writes:
> We recently updated our postgres to 8.1.4, since then
> I�ve been getting the following error:

> [Aug 28, 2006 5:43:16 AM ERROR]
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Cannot change
> transaction isolation level in the middle of a
> transaction.
>  at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.setTransactionIsolation(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:729)

Updated to 8.1.4 from what?

You'll probably have better luck asking on the pgsql-jdbc list (and
mentioning which jdbc driver versions are involved).  This looks to me
like it's associated with a change in driver behavior not backend
behavior.

            regards, tom lane