Re: How to debug incomplete message on postgres 12.3 docker - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to debug incomplete message on postgres 12.3 docker
Date
List pgsql-general
R Batchen <batchenr@gmail.com> writes:
> I hope i reached the right mailing list, i have psql 12.3 container that is
> the db of apache guacamole container is connected to,
> the apache guacamole stopped working and i started to get this message on
> the postgres:

> LOG: incomplete message from client

> How can I debug it?

This message indicates that the server collected a message header
(length word) from the communication channel, but then detected EOF
while trying to read that number of bytes.  The two most plausible
explanations for that are (1) some external force closed the network
connection or (2) the client sent a invalid (far too large) length
word.  But to believe (2) you'd also have to believe that the client
gave up and closed the connection before sending the number of bytes
the server thought it had promised.  That could happen if the client
thought the command had timed out, but I'd expect it to log something
about a timeout if it had.

In short, I think something at the kernel or container level is
closing the connection under you.  You need to be looking into those
system-level logs, as neither the postgres nor client logs would
have any evidence of the primary cause.

            regards, tom lane