Re: PostgreSQL FIPS 140-2 on Window - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL FIPS 140-2 on Window
Date
List pgsql-general
Bradley May <brad@themayfamily.us> writes:
> I understand the PostgreSQL 9.x installed on a RHEL distribution can be configured and supports FIPS 140-2 when using
andproperly configuring OpenSSL FIPS. My question is can the same be accomplished with a Windows installation, as
easilyor similar to the RHEL installation/configuration procedures?

No.  PG doesn't really have any specific support for the FIPS
requirements.  From our perspective that's implemented by behavioral
changes in libc and openssl.  Perhaps you can find FIPS-ified versions
of those libraries for Windows, but I don't know where to look.

            regards, tom lane