Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/10/20 9:57 AM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
> Alright. Before we go any further it would be best to determine what
> your needs are. So:
>
> 1) Did you install Anaconda just to get Python or for the science data
> set of libraries it provides?
>
> A: For the data science set of libraries. Also, it helps to keep
> libraries updated.
>
> 2) Do you need the system Python you installed for anything that
> Anaconda does not provide?
>
> A: I don't know if I understood well this question, but I think the
> answer is no. Anaconda does provide almost all the libraries I need. I
> just installed a couple more (like talib, tensorflow, keras, psycopg2,
> etc) and created some libraries of my own.

Those libraries are available from Anaconda:

https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/packages/py3.7_win-64/

or from AnacondaCloud:

https://anaconda.org/

I just think it would make your life easier to reduce the number of
Python installs you have. If I'm keeping track correctly you now have:

1) Anaconda Python

2) OS system Python

3) EDB Python.

What happens if you try to create a plpythonu3u function in the database?

https://www.enterprisedb.com/edb-docs/d/edb-postgres-advanced-server/user-guides/language-pack-guide/12/EDB_Postgres_Language_Pack_Guide.1.08.html#
>      >
>      > Yes. When I did that I could execute python functions and create the
>      > extension in postgres without problem, but later I realized that
>     doing
>      > this will create the other problem with anaconda.
>      >
>      > So when you did the Anaconda install:
>      >
>      > https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/windows/
>      >
>      > What did you check for the Advanced options in Step 8?
>      >
>      > I left the first one unchecked and the second one checked, which
>     is the
>      > default settings.
>      >

>     Alright. Before we go any further it would be best to determine what
>     your needs are. So:
>
>     1) Did you install Anaconda just to get Python or for the science data
>     set of libraries it provides?
>
>     2) Do you need the system Python you installed for anything that
>     Anaconda does not provide?
>
>     3) What are you planning to do with plpython3u?
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com