Re: intercepting WAL writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: intercepting WAL writes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Mike <mike@fonolo.com> wrote:
> Can somebody point to the most logical place in the code to intercept the
> WAL writes? (just a rough direction would be enough)

XLogInsert

> or if this doesn't make sense at all, another suggestion on where to get
> the data? (I'm trying to avoid doing it using triggers).

Without triggers, you don't have many options.  With triggers, you
could use pg_memcache.  If you take it from the WAL, you'll have to do
a bit of decoding to make it usable in the context you're looking for,
which is quite a bit of work.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301