Re: Newbie problem with from database in C - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Newbie problem with from database in C
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:43 AM,  <clarkhorse@clarktx.com> wrote:
>>IIRC, you need to convert from network byte order:
>>
>>idno = ntohl(*((int32 *) PQgetvalue(result, row, 0)));
>>
> Thanks it led me in the right direction.
> I was getting confused with all of the pointers.  I finally broke it down.

Oh yeah, I didn't spend enough time looking at whether you had defined
it as a pointer or not.  My bad!

> Thanks again,

No problem.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301