Re: sun buys mysql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: sun buys mysql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Jan 16, 2008 8:26 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 18:18 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>
> > To be fair, I would say Ingres is still more stable.  There are Ingres
> > systems running without issue since before the PostgreSQL community
> > began.
>
> I heard the latest release had "stability issues and performance
> problems". Someone tried to hire me recently to fix them for a
> government agency (I know which one also), until they found out my
> involvement with Postgres.

As I said, there are Ingres systems that have been running longer than
PostgreSQL has existed.  However, I don't know how stable their latest
stuff is.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation                | fax: 732.331.1301