Re: Query RE using COPY - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Query RE using COPY
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 5/8/07, Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au> wrote:
> Right now the software that does the extracts is developed by our
> applications developers, but I'll be taking that onto my side in the
> near future, just looking for a workaround until then.

Sorry, but there isn't one.  An unqualified COPY expects all columns
and the syntax I gave you is the only way to limit the columns for
insertion.

You could write your own server-side function to parse, split, and
insert the data, but it would be slower than COPY.  Likely, the
easiest thing would be to change your company's software.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301