Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)
Date
Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> A good example of the wrong way to do it is the Full Disjunctions
> project. Great idea, Great project, not bitrot and hard space because it
> hasn't been touched or maintained sense release.

Don't get me started there.  The decision was split between PostgreSQL
core 50/50 for inclusion in contrib, yet it was not included.  As I
said at the time, people will move on and the project would go to
pgfoundry (which I called the graveyard) and die; which is exactly
what happened.  And, in the Full Disjunctions project's defense, the
community was wholly at fault.  He posted several times for
suggestions and most of the community responses were, "why would we
care about or want that."

The community can't rely on contributors, especially students, to
spend months of their time pushing ideas through a gauntlet of
negativity.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301