Re: ora2pg error : DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-28110 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles Darold
Subject Re: ora2pg error : DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-28110
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 12/06/2020 à 00:40, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> On 6/11/20 1:30 PM, George Dimopoulos wrote:
> Please reply to list also.
> Ccing list.
>
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help !!!
>> I did the query, and I found out that
>> SELECT DISTINCT c.SHAPE.SDO_GTYPE FROM NRM_CAVES.LOCATIONS c WHERE
>> ROWNUM < 50000
>>                                                   *
>> ERROR at line 1:
>> ORA-28110: policy function or package NRM_CAVES.UTIL_SECURITY has error
>
> So to be clear the above error is being seen on the Oracle database.
>

>> This policy has been applied to few tables so I did exclude them
>> (with directive TYPE TABLE).
>> I was hopping that I will be able to migrate the other tables that do
>> not depend on this policy.
>> That means that developers have to correct this in Oracle side before
>> I can do the migration and succeed.
>> Is this correct?
>
> Not sure.

Hi,

"ORA-28110: Policy function or package has error occurs when a policy
function has some error such as a compilation problem. The solution is
to recompile the package or the function after fixing the underlying
problem."

If you set COMPILE_SCHEMA to 1 in your ora2pg.conf, Ora2pg will first
recompile the all functions but if the policy function is not in the
schema you are exporting it will not help. Actually this is an Oracle
issue you may want to contact an Oracle DBA to see what can be done.

Best regards

--
Gilles Darold
http://www.darold.net/