ps command does not show walsender's connected db - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From bt22nakamorit
Subject ps command does not show walsender's connected db
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When walsender process is evoked for logical replication, walsender is
connected to a database of the subscriber.
Naturally, ones would want the name of the connected database to show in
the entry of ps command for walsender.
In detail, running ps aux during the logical replication shows results
like the following:
postgres=# \! ps aux | grep postgres;
ACTC-I\+ 14575  0.0  0.0 298620 14228 ?        Ss   18:22   0:00
postgres: walsender ACTC-I\nakamorit [local] S

However, since walsender is connected to a database of the subscriber in
logical replication, it should show the database name, as in the
following:
postgres=# \! ps aux | grep postgres
ACTC-I\+ 15627  0.0  0.0 298624 13936 ?        Ss   15:45   0:00
postgres: walsender ACTC-I\nakamorit postgres

Showing the database name should not apply in streaming replication
though since walsender process is not connected to any specific
database.

The attached patch adds the name of the connected database to the ps
entry of walsender in logical replication, and not in streaming
replication.

Thoughts?

Tatsuhiro Nakamori
Attachment