Re: [INTERFACES] why there's only char type? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] why there's only char type?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Daniel wrote:

> If you examine the Sql.log, it did call SQLGetTypeInfo(). But the error
> occured when exiting SQLSetStmtOption. Could that be the whole problem? Is
> that a problem of PostODBC or Powerbuilder? Thanks for any help.
>
> Daniel

The below excerpt from the log I think reveals the problem.  You are using an older version
of the driver (according to the psqlodbc.log -- Version='06.30.0250') that does not support
setting the rowset size to anything greater than 1.  You need to get the latest driver!
Go to http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.PB050           fffb7063:fffc2b73 ENTER
SQLGetTypeInfo  HSTMT               0x013a0d44
  SWORD                        0 <SQL_ALL_TYPES>

PB050           fffb7063:fffc2b73 EXIT  SQLGetTypeInfo  with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
  HSTMT               0x013a0d44
  SWORD                        0 <SQL_ALL_TYPES>

PB050           fffb7063:fffc2b73 ENTER SQLSetStmtOption
  HSTMT               0x013a0d44
  UWORD                        9 <SQL_ROWSET_SIZE>
  UDWORD                    16

PB050           fffb7063:fffc2b73 EXIT  SQLSetStmtOption  with return code 1
(SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
  HSTMT               0x013a0d44
  UWORD                        9 <SQL_ROWSET_SIZE>
  UDWORD                    16

  DIAG [01S02] Requested value changed.;
Driver does not support setting this connect option (16)

, fetch=100, socket=4096, unknown_sizes=0, max_varchar_size=254, max_longvarchar_size=4094
                disable_optimizer=1, unique_index=0, use_declarefetch=0
                text_as_longvarchar=1, unknowns_as_longvarchar=0, bools_as_char=1
                extra_systable_prefixes='dd_;', conn_settings=''