Re: [INTERFACES] Other JDBC Performance Question - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Clark Evans
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Other JDBC Performance Question
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Frank Morton wrote:
> Is there any way to force the database to be RAM
> resident? Either with this package or something
> else?

Perhaps you could make a virtual drive, copy
over your database, and then point postgresql to
that database.

I would make two databases... the first one
is your 'transaction' database on the hard
drive, and the second one is a 'report' database
for frequent queries.

You can have a cron job update the report database
from the transaction database on a periodic basis.

Also, I'd take advantage of the opportunity and
de-normalize the reporting database to make
the queries even faster.

Just suggestions,

:) Clark