Re: [HACKERS] Re: vacuum slowness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Clark Evans
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: vacuum slowness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Is it possible to use WORM now?

I don't know, but it's on my to-try list.  I'm hoping it
will work (got all excited when I was reading the acedemic papers)
This was one of the goals of the database...

It just seems for situations where a high degree of auditability is
needed that running the database on top of a WORM is a fantastic idea.
I'm writing a bookkeeping system, and think it would be a very
valueable reason to move to 'free software'.  It's the killer feature
Oracle dosn't have.  Well, acedemically it sounds nice.  *smirk*

It's all speculation, but fun speculation anyway...

:) Clark

P.S.  Perhaps it's not all that great of an idea.  I intend to journal
all of the interactions with the database to a CDR, I was just hoping
to get it for free....  *evil grin*