Re: [GENERAL] Creating Textfiles out of tables - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jose' soares
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Creating Textfiles out of tables
Date
List pgsql-sql

Martin Möderndorfer ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> i have some tables and want to extract results of a query on them into a
> text-file. it should be possible to insert ":","{" between the different
> tuples.
>
> Any ideas
>
> MArtin
> mmoedern@linux.stuco.uni-klu.ac.at

psql joe

joe=> \t
turned off output headings and row count
joe=> \f :
field separator changed to ':'
joe=> select * from btmm;
a      : 13.2:FO
b      : 1.32:FO
c      :31.32:RO

if you type \o file_name
the result will be stored to a file named "file_name".

--
                               - Jose' -

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may
learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only
in the service of your God.                - Mosiah 2:17 -