Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: select of array columns - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: select of array columns
Date
List pgsql-ports
> michael=> select * from test where 1 = test.fil_arr[1];
> art_id|fil_arr
> ------+---------
>      1|{1,2,3,4}
> (1 row)      -- shouldn't the array - index start with 0?

The array index is one-based. This is a documented feature, and is
consistant with other index numbering (such as arguments to substring())
in SQL92.

> michael=> select fil_arr[1] from test;    -- should be possible, too
> ERROR:  type name lookup of fil_arr failed

On my list of things to look at, though I haven't yet done it so if
someone else wants to pick it up it's available. Reported earlier by
Oliver.

                      - Tom