Re: [INTERFACES] varchar() access - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] varchar() access
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Mark Himsley wrote:

> I thought Postgres had a limit of 8K? That's what it says in the docs...

Maybe, but the entire statement length also has a limit of 8K!   That's where I think it gets a little ridiculous to
tryand use in-line sql to
send/retrieve data of these sizes.

The large object interface is perfect for this.  I am going to try to add LongVarChar/Large Object support to the
driversoon.  We will need two different
data types now -- one for binary (already have "lo") and one for char (maybe "lo_char").

Byron