Re: [HACKERS] ecpg docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ecpg docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I do agree. So this means I have to put some of ecpg.1 info into
> ecpg.sgml. Anyone speaking sgml willing to help?

Sure (or if someone else wants to help, that would be great!). I'd like
to eventually have the sources of ecpg info in two places: the existing
ecpg.sgml which forms a chapter in the User's Guide, and in a new
reference page ref/ecpg-ref.sgml which would be a relatively short
syntax/options reference for how to run the program itself. This last
would also become the man page when we (eventually) get the capability
to convert DocBook <refentry> pages to man pages.

If you want to try the conversion, great. If you would prefer not, then
I'll be happy to, and it would be great if you were able to help
maintain the information in them after that.

You might use the ref/psql-ref.sgml as an example of what a program
reference page contains and how it is marked up. Look at the html
"integrated docs" postgres.html toward the bottom of the User's Guide
part to see how the psql-ref.sgml page looks when formatted.

Cheers.
                    - Tom