Installed PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Thien Lee
Subject Installed PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-ports
Hi,

Thanks folks for a free SQL server, I'm just getting my hands wet with
SQL in spare time... -Thien

Version: PostgreSQL 6.4.2
OS: RedHat 4.2 Linux 2.0.30
Hardware: Pentium-II, 300 MHz
Configure options: --with-perl
flex: 2.5.4
bison: 1.25
gmake: 3.75
gcc: egcs-2.90.29 (egcs-1.0.3 release)

Building was successful, though quite a few compiler warnings about
implicit declarations (i.e. missing declaration/prototype).

Regression passed except:
geometry .. failed
datetime .. failed
horology .. failed

----- geometry.out -----
QUERY: SELECT '' AS count, p.f1, l.s, l.s # p.f1 AS intersection
   FROM LSEG_TBL l, POINT_TBL p;
ERROR:  There is more than one possible operator '#' for types 'lseg'
and 'point'
        You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

----- datetime.out ----- (crash?)
QUERY: INSERT INTO DATETIME_TBL VALUES ('1997-01-02');
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

----- horology.out ----- (crash?)
QUERY: INSERT INTO TEMP_DATETIME (f1)
  SELECT d1 FROM DATETIME_TBL
  WHERE d1 BETWEEN '13-jun-1957' AND '1-jan-1997'
   OR d1 BETWEEN '1-jan-1999' AND '1-jan-2010';