Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MVCC works in serialized mode!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > imho we should have an Ingres-like feature for "autocommit".
> Nice! TIA -:)

Sure, but if I do too much work on this I'll need you to help on outer
joins :) (Actually, that's just an excuse; I'm flailing on it trying to
understand things you already know.)

Is there a global boolean "autocommit flag" already there to work with,
or could you add one? I'd like to (if possible) keep from getting sucked
into non-parser/non-docs work until I've worked out some of the outer
join stuff. But I can do the parser and "set autocommit" stuff. Also,
I'd like to go through the gram.y code for the new MVCC support commands
and have it use parser keywords rather than "Ident" entities for the
syntax. OK?

> Could you also change configure stuff, to choose default mode
> before compiling?

I'll set things up for it in the code, and perhaps Tom Lane or someone
can help with the configure support. We can ask when it's time...
                - Tom