Re: "create function... depends on extension..." not supported. Why? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "create function... depends on extension..." not supported. Why?
Date
List pgsql-general
> IIRC Abhijit and I discussed this point offline, and our conclusion was
> that DEPENDS ON EXTENSION was not of general enough usefulness to
> warrant support for it in CREATE FUNCTION -- keeping in mind that we
> would need support for it in CREATE INDEX, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE
> MATERIALIZED VIEW as well.

Yeah.  Quite aside from the code bloat and grammar bloat, my main
fear about that would be the assumption that we could wedge a consistent
syntax for this into all those different sorts of CREATE commands.
At the very least we'd probably find ourselves having to make those
keywords more reserved than they are now.

            regards, tom lane