Re: Money type mapping to backend - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: Money type mapping to backend
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Bill Hutto wrote:

> > Please send the "psqlodbc.log" file of the session.  This will show the sql statement
> > as sent to the backend and prove once and for all what the error is.  It is hard to
> > make a diagnosis without knowing what really is going wrong.
>
> OK Byron, I've attached the session using data bound controls from
> Visual Basic.
>
> Table Name: visdata
>
> Fields:
>         field1  char(40)
>         amount  money
>         quantity        int8
>
> If you need any other info, just let me know.

Hey, guess what, I was testing the whole time under Postgres 6.3 and it does not require the quotes
around money type!  Only postgres 6.4 requires the quotes!

That seems kind of weird.  Anyone got any comments?

In the meantime, do you have a 6.3 database laying around to try?

Byron