Re: Warnings in compile - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Warnings in compile
Date
Re: Warnings in compile  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:19:40AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That sounds both dangerous and against our coding conventions.  The
>> standard way to do that is "do { ... } while (0)"

> Which won't work here as the macros have continue and break commands in them.

Oh, right, that was Bruce's "improvement" of the COPY code.  I was less
than thrilled with it, but didn't have an easy alternative.

You can't just remove the "else", or it's unsafe; and I'm afraid that
changing the macros into "else {}" would still leave us with some
warnings about empty statements ...