Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Lo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Horak Daniel wrote:

> > > In the INSTALL file, it says (under "Unsupported platforms"):
> > >  Windows x86 v6.3 1998-03-01 not library compatible;
> > >                              client side maybe; use ODBC/JDBC
> > >        Note that Windows ports of the frontend are
> > >        apparently possible using third-party Posix porting
> > >        tools and libraries.
>
> I think this message can be deleted.
>
> > > I believe the client libraries (at least libpq) are available in
> > > native Win32 since version 6.4.
>
> There is a port of client libraries using MS development tools. We are
> working on a port of the whole Postgres 6.4.x using the Cygwin tools. Joost
> have already send to this list (on Dec 7 1998) a description how to succeed.

Hi, Dan,

Good job! According to Joost's postgres installation procedures, and your help,
I have already installed Postgres on WinNT successfully. I also wrote
installation procedures for Chinese version which describes how I installed,
and put it on my home page, see

http://members.tripod.com/~kevlo/postgres/postgresinstall.txt

So if you are a chinese, maybe this is a good info.

Best regards,
Kevin.