RE: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Horak Daniel
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > In the INSTALL file, it says (under "Unsupported platforms"):
> >  Windows x86 v6.3 1998-03-01 not library compatible;
> >                              client side maybe; use ODBC/JDBC
> >        Note that Windows ports of the frontend are
> >        apparently possible using third-party Posix porting
> >        tools and libraries.

I think this message can be deleted.

> > I believe the client libraries (at least libpq) are available in
> > native Win32 since version 6.4.

There is a port of client libraries using MS development tools. We are
working on a port of the whole Postgres 6.4.x using the Cygwin tools. Joost
have already send to this list (on Dec 7 1998) a description how to succeed.
        Dan