Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> perhaps reference to either another
> section of the INSTALL file or a separate file (INSTALL.WIN32?)
> describing the process of building and installing it? If that's a good
> way to go, I can write up a quick info-file on how to build and
> install it.

I hope it wasn't too obvious that I was fishing for that offer :)

Yes, if you could write it up that would be great. If you have the time
or inclination, you could use doc/src/sgml/install.sgml as a template
example which includes some sgml markup. Then send your resulting file
(install32.sgml?) to me or the docs list and I'll incorporate it into
the full docs.

If you find the sgml tags incomprehensible then ask questions, and if
you just don't want to deal with it, then send me plain text and I'll do
the markup.

TIA
                    - Tom